option most comprehensive and cost effective option you have. A reconditioned
engine as supplied by Engines For Sale has:
- Been dismantled to the bare block, cleaned and inspected.
- Had All it's components inspected and / or machined to specs.
- Had the engine block bored, honed and machined.
- Had the crankshaft and camshaft machined as necessary
- Had the cylinder head completely reconditioned
- Had new parts installed as required, including lifters, pistons, rings, bearings, timing chain, guides, seals and gaskets.
- Been assembled exactly to the manufacturer's clearances.
Rebuilt, overhauled or repaired engine
Basically speaking, a Rebuilt, Overhauled or Repaired Engine has the bores honed,
new piston rings and bearings fi tted, plus a valve grind. The long-term effectiveness of this solution will greatly depend on the general condition of other major engine components, such as the engine block, crankshaft, camshaft and timing components.
Second Hand Engine
Unfortunately the buyer does not know at the time of purchase how good or bad the engine
really is. Like everything purchased second hand – there is a gamble with this option!
In fact, you could very well be buying someone else’s problems. Therefore the life
expectancy of this type of engine is unknown. That is why a typical warranty of these type
of engines is only 3 to 6 months, and is generally a very limited parts only warranty.
that it is a low-mileage engine. In fact some of these engines have as little as 5000KM on them. So if you are purchasing a second hand engine, it would be a lot less of a risk to purchase an imported engine than a local second hand engine.